Though the ‘Plague’ has tried, vainly, to hamper our efforts at joy it is finally time to chose a new Bard of the Mists. Thus October 23rd has been chosen as the date for the Bard of the Mists Competition. The event may have to be virtual, though we are looking for ways to have it outdoors. We will keep the populace informed of our correct event information as we approach the actual date.
The Competition, itself, consists of the traditional five rounds:
• A piece from Period. Please bring info regarding its source.
• A piece in a Period Style. Again, have brief documentation regarding the style.
• Bring Your Best. A piece that is either of your composition or someone else's which showcases your performing abilities.
• In keeping with the geas upon the Bard of the Mists, this year's Bard's Choice category is a children’s tale. It may be original or from another source.
• And of course, the ever popular 3 words from a hat.
Come to compete for the title of Bard of the Mists. Auditing, performing without competing for the title and position, is also welcomed. Members of the Order of the Golden Branch are encouraged to present a piece.
And, of course, besides competitors we need our fabulous populace - for what is a performance without an audience?
Being the Bard of the Mists is a fun job, particularly when not sidetracked by plague.
Yours in Service,
Cesare di Lodovico Malefici, Bard of the Mists
Event Steward: Cesare di Lodovico Malefici (Bruce Bufkin) — Email: firstname.lastname@example.org — Phone: 402-689-7670